Wednesday, April 01, 2009

knowing me, knowing you - april

Time again for the monthly interview project I started. I hope you'll play along on your blog or in the comments here. If you do play, make sure you come back and sign the Mr. Linky.

1. Who does the grocery shopping in your family?

Here's the thing -- I make up the meal plan, with input from the family. I go through the flyers and plan out what to ad-match that week and make up a grocery list. And then Mike and I *used* to do the grocery shopping together right after work on Monday night. But that was before Mike joined about a gazillion committees and Monday night went from "grocery night" to "meeting night". For the past few weeks Mike has been taking the grocery list and doing the shopping by himself first thing Sunday morning. Which has led to a startling discovery -- when Mike shops without me our grocery bill is $40 - $60 LESS PER WEEK! This is also known as being 100% on and sometimes even under budget. So guess who's pulled permanent grocery shopping detail?

2. Are you watching American Idol? If so, who are you picking to win it?

This is the first season of American Idol I've ever watched. I mean we usually watch the audition episodes, but bail out by Hollywood week. This year I was immediately sucked into to Danny Gokey's story. And even though The Mommy Project mocked me a little bit for it, I will admit I did cry real tears when he told the story about losing his wife. And just like that I was emotionally invested and I had to know how well he did. It will be interesting to see if Danny does not make it to the final (which is just crazy talk -- he totally will) if I continue to watch when he's gone. Oh and I'm picking, my boy, Danny to win -- in case that wasn't completely apparent. Although Adam is growing on me a lot.

3. What is your favourite type of fruit?

I would have a hard time picking between strawberries and pineapple. A nice firm apple is good too.

4. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

A night owl, no question. I stay up way too late on a regular basis. It's the only time of the day nobody needs me for anything. The kids (and usually Michael) are tucked into their beds. My time is my own. I will admit I am finding it more difficult to keep up the pace of it as my age starts to creep nearer to 40. Friday nights usually find me crashed out in bed not long after the kids have gone to sleep.

5. Speaking of bed -- when you're sleeping do you have your socks on or do you take them off?

Before Maya arrived on the scene I needed jammies, socks and multiple blankeys to keep me toasty at night. I swear being pregnant with her raised my core temperature permanently. While I carried her my feet were felt incredibly hot -- to me anyway. I went without socks as often as I could get away with and still now I can't sleep in them anymore. Unless, and this is the only exception to the rule, I am extremely tired. Then I just feel really cold all over and must have socks.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun! Have suggestions for next months questions? Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know.

7 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I'm playing on Saturday. Hopefully I remember Mr.Linky!!

Mommy Project said...

I love the monthly interview and I'll play along soon. As you know, I also love Danny and I am picking him to win, too. I mocked you for crying? I don't remember mocking you for that (it is such a sad story and he gets me weepy eyed just about every week, too)...but, yet, I mock you for ~so~ many things its hard to keep track. ;-)
{you know I am ToTALLY kidding, right?}.
xo
-me.

FaithChick said...

I love the questions you come up with. They are so out of the norm. I love to see all the varieties of what people say and do.

A Crafty Mom said...

I am not watching AI this season, I stopped a couple years ago and couldn't get back into it. The only downside is EVERYONE chats about it and I don't have a clue who they're referring to!!

I wish I was a night owl. I'm a morning person who stays up too late - but I'm cranky and tired at night. I am really truly at my best first thing in the morning. Hubby is the opposite - I'm amazed we're still married :-)

Betsy Hart said...

I added my link :)

Kristina said...

Thanks for the blog topic again! I love these posts - it makes it easy for me! (I added my link, by the way.)

Shan said...

Betsy - always look forward to reading all the other answers!

MP - I can't remember exactly what you said, but I do remember saying to Mr. The Mommy Project -- I think she's mocking me:)

Faith - Me too! I'm always happy so many people play along.

Crafty Mom - Mike's one of those guys that pops right up out of bed. I like to hit snooze 50 million times. It's a miracle we can share a bed at all.

Kristina - I'm glad you enjoy participating.